Sunday, December 21, 2008

Celebrating Cupcakes

In January, my husband's family celebrates A BUNCH of birthdays. There are 5 in his immediate family and one of his cousin's birthday, for a total of 6 birthdays. I am so glad I have been playing with challenges from other blogs. If I do several each week, I will be ahead of the card making and not stressing about what to do to make a card. However, 4 of the birthdays are for 1 brother, 1 brother-in-law, 1 dad and 1 very young nephew. I will have to figure out how to make masculine cards!


This is a sketch from Taylored Expressions.



This is my version. I have used the same DP and papers as in the past post. The cupcake was paper pieced. For the scalloped circles, I used on the small scallop the QuicKutz Nesting Flowers and the larger scallop I used Nesties. The cupcake image and sentiment are from Inkadinkado "Birthday Cupcake".
Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

2 chat with me:

Taylor said...

Super cute! Love the bright, fun colors! Thanks for playing the challenge!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Love how you paper pieced the cupcake. The colors are fabulous!