Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Still Can Sew!!!

If you are my sister, get out of the blog NOW, unless you want to spoil one of your birthday presents from me.
Everyone else, I can still sew. Sewing was my first craft love. I even use to sew models for a quilt store - not quilts though - I made the cute little stuff animals and dolls. I think I burned myself out on sewing by doing that, but after a long break, it feels really good again.
I found this sunglass case pattern on Studio Cherie. The pattern is available on etsy in her etsy shop. The fabric I used is by Moda and is called Frolic. I got the fabric at a local quilt store but it is also available at The Fat Quarter Shop online.




Thanks for looking!





ASPTL


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

8 chat with me:

StudioCherie said...

Carole, it's adorable! I hope your sister loves it.
<3 Cherie

BLJ Graves Studio said...

That's amazing! I am so impressed with your sewing skills. You actually KNOW how to sew instead of faking it like I do (and it definitely shows in the quality end result). :-) Great job!

Stahl Family said...

Great job Carole....looks adorable!!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

This turned out terrific! I will have to check out the tutorial.

Stopping in from Tatertots and Jello. Have a great weekend!

chris said...

What a fun project. Thanks for sharing, and for sharing the pattern source too.

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique said...

It turned out so cute and i am in despereate need of one of these!

Off to check out her patterns :)

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

Sandie said...

Very cute! And you have a sweet blog here too!

Elaine said...

LOVE IT!!!! You need to sell these on Etsy my dear!!!