Friday, December 4, 2009

"Pink" Christmas Saturday

I have joined Beverly at "How Sweet the Sound" in remembering our Christmas'. I don't have any pictures of me or my kids when they were little scanned for posting. So, you will have to read one of my stories. (author's note: I am not a writer!)

This is about my dog. She is just about as bad as my kids when they were little and wanting to open presents. After she goes to sleep at night, she is very out of it. That is when Santa makes his appearance and leaves gifts for the boys and our kitty and puppy. When the boys finally get out of bed and are ready to open presents we are always greeted with the "girls" (our kitty and puppy). They are ready for gift exchanging as well. We have noticed that Boomer, our puppy, will sit looking at the tree and when we tell her it is time to get presents, she dives under the tree and will bring out her Peanut Butter Filled Rawhide Candy Cane. Then she prances off into our bedroom, hitting the doors and walls with the large Candy Cane. We all laugh.

With kitty, she quitely waits until we hand her the gifts Santa leaves.

8 chat with me:

♥Mimi♥ said...

On this first Saturday of December ♥Jappy Pink Saturday♥. I was away for a while and sure missed running around the blogs arnd seeing all of the goodies everyone was sharing.

Thanks for the memory...

It was a blessing for you to make my morning so much fun. Hoping that you and those you care about spend a wonderful weekend making memories that will last a lifetime☺

Pam said...

I love your story. Our pets are so much a part of our families and holiday traditions. Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

What a cute story! I can just picture Boomer trotting off with her candy cane. :-)

Fandango Moon said...

That is so cute about your dog!! Love it!
Thanks for sharing! Happy Pink Saturday!

Char said...

I think your post this week just warms the spirit and the heart, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a cute story. Our pets are much like children in how they fill our lives and make us laugh. I hope you are having a wonderful day and are looking forward to the holidays ahead.

jeanne said...

Hello Carol, we love our dog so much.(a puppy) With our kids all grown and gone, she in our little girl.

I love you story with your pets enjoying their Christmas morning. a fun filled pet story and I can just picture the candy cane and the delight your dog got out of it. I didn't need a photo to imagine the fun you had.

Hugs, Jeanne

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Carole.

I love your story. We had a dog that would always sniff out their Christmas stocking. She could hardly wait the pull out her goodies.