I received an email today from my friend Lisa asking if I had made any cards recently. I responded by telling her that the little amount of "mojo" that I have must have left. I played around yesterday trying to make a card, and nothing seemed to work except I messed up my room! Lisa suggested I try the Jacksonbelle Embellishment challenges. The first challenge is due tonight and it involves "ringing" in the new year. One of the examples Jacksonbelle gave was to make a wedding card - as in wedding "rings". I remembered that my husband and I are invited to a wedding this coming weekend and maybe I might try to make the couple a wedding card.
Most everything on this card is from Hobby Lobby except the "Best Wishes" stamp is a Studio G stamp that I received as a surprise in the mail. The "Mr. & Mrs." is computer generated and the ovals were made with Creative Memories cutting system. The black bling is by Heidi Swapp.
Now I could really use some help! I have only sent birthday cards to people that I have made and most of those are close friends and family. My husband was so-so on this card and so am I. Would this card be one you would really and truly use for a wedding? Does it look too "homemade"? Please leave me an honest comment on if you would use this card to give to someone for their wedding. Thanks so much. Have a great day.



5 chat with me:
I really like this card... it is simple and elegant, perfect for a wedding. Great job! :-)
I agree with Lisa on this. It's beautiful. The bride & groom would NOT be getting any as pretty as this. And isn't that why you make cards? To give to people! Trust me, EVERYONE loves a homemade anything!
Stef H
Too cute! nice job!!!
I think the bride and groom will love this!
If i was me I would be very happy to receive this card. I think it says a lot when someone thinks enough of you to take the time to hand make a card. Anyone can just go buy a card.
Post a Comment